Connect ICT Team Award
Technology and digital services are essential in underpinning the work of Scotland’s public sector bodies and the role performed by ICT departments and project teams across the country is vitally important. This award will recognise an outstanding performance by an ICT department or team, from technology support to operational efficiency and driving digital transformation.
Connect Citizen Award
With budgets squeezed and increasing demands from the public for more accessible 24-hour services, the pressure has never been greater for ICT professionals to develop innovative approaches for citizen engagement. The Connect Citizen Award will showcase the best examples of projects that have deployed technology to engage with the public and create citizen centred services.
Nominations should include:
- How the project/service has improved the user experience
- Benefits to the organisation in terms of obstacles/issues it helps overcome, efficiencies, etc.
- How the product/service improves the organisations general level of engagement with the citizen
Connect Project Delivery Award
When a new public sector technology or IT project goes wrong, everyone knows about it. This award will recognise those projects that manage to navigate the many complex challenges of developing and delivering new technological solutions to public services. The Connect Project Delivery Award will go to a project manager or project team that can demonstrate best practise in the successful delivery of an ICT project and nominations should demonstrate:
- Did the project deliverables match or exceed initial objectives
- Was the project completed to original timescale and budget
- What external/internal obstacles were overcome to meet project objectives
Connect Data Innovation Award
The Connect Data Innovation award recognises the application of data to address a problem where data or data science had not previously been used or exploited. This could be to improve a business process, apply new analyse to improve insights, or deliver a new way of delivering a service.
Whatever the application of data, applications must be able to demonstrate the impact experienced by the customer (internal or external) as a result of the innovation. Particular attention will be paid to submissions that have managed to effect the change using existing resources more effectively.
Connect Digital Health & Care Award
Scotland has long been at the vanguard of adopting new technologies to improve the provision of health and social care. The Digital Health and Care Award will recognise some of the most outstanding examples of innovation in this sector over the past year and nominations should demonstrate:
- How the project/solution solves a particular organisational or patient problem
- What measurable benefits have there been to the organisation or the patient experience/wellbeing
- How the project/solution has introduced new or leading edge technology, created different ways of working or a shift in approach the benefits service users
Connect Innovate Award
Awarded to the most innovative use of ICT in delivering public services. The shortlisted nominees for this category will represent those public sector projects that use technology to overcome a complex challenge in the delivery of services – and push the boundaries of what is possible. Nominations should demonstrate:
- How the project/solution has introduced new or leading edge technology, created different ways of working or a shift in approach that benefits service users
- Measurable success – has the project/solution been deployed and what impact has it had on improving the organisation or services
Connect Digital Leader Award
This award will go to a senior leader from within public sector ICT or transformation such as a CIO, Head of Digital or Head of ICT. The winner will be an individual who has consistently demonstrated excellence in leadership, innovation and quality in the use and promotion of IT in their organisation to improve delivery of public services. Nominations are welcomed from prospective nominees themselves, their staff, peers or partner organisation.
Connect Rising Star
This category is to recognize the outstanding efforts and achievements of the rising stars of public sector ICT and digital transformation – those who represent the talent pipeline and future generation of leaders. Only staff below senior management or director level are eligible for this award. Nominate a colleague in this category to reward your brightest and best talent and demonstrate your organisation’s commitment to developing talent. Judges will be looking for:
- The nominee going above and beyond the daily requirements of their role
- Strong demonstration of the nominee’s ability as part of a team and working on their own initiative
- The impact they have had on the organisation
Connect Smarter Working Award
From healthcare and social services to frontline policing and environmental services, public sector workers are constantly on the move. Our Smarter Working Award will recognise the organisation which has embraced the remote working technologies to ensure that staff are able to work smarter and access the information they need to deliver services on the move.
Connect Industry Collaboration Award
Effective collaboration between innovative private sector vendors and the public sector is key to achieving wide scale transformation public services. Developing a partnership that delivers positive outcomes for public isn’t straightforward, its not quick and its definitely not easy. This award will recognise a private sector supplier and their client who have collaborated effectively to deliver a successful digital transformation project.
Connect Cloud Award
Cloud services are a major element of digital transformation and have transformative potential when it comes to reducing costs and improving data-sharing. However, while cloud has incredible potential its implementation can be challenging. This new award will go to an organisation that has overcome these hurdles and successfully transitioned a product or service to the cloud.